We launched the new CVG website a few weeks ago and we hit 500 views! We are now coming to 1000. Just wanted to say thank you for your support!
Wick Active School volunteering opportunities
*** Wick Active Schools is looking to recruit new volunteers for the 2021-2022 term year and is excited to get started again. There are many opportunities within the East Caithness district which include 1 High School, 8 Primary Schools, evening and weekend clubs. All training will be provided which will include development pathways, paid work during School holidays, opportunities within the HLH leadership programme, volunteer of the month award, flexibility for work and experience for those looking to work with young people. ***
- Volunteer coach for Basketball in Wick- Thursday evenings (6-8pm)
- Volunteer coach for Tennis in Wick- Evenings (6-8pm)
- Volunteer coach for disability sessions in Wick- after School and evenings
Volunteer coach for a multi-sports in rural areas (Lybster, Dunbeath, Canisbay, Thrumster, Watten & Keiss (mixture of activities]
if interested contact catherine email@example.com
Countryside rangers holding five walks around Caithness throughout September and October.
The purpose of the Community Capacity Grants Programme is to provide early-stage financial support for local projects that will help achieve the following objectives:
- Create self-sustaining community enterprises that will promote sustainable development through the provision of local economic, social, and/or environmental benefits.
- Contribute to the regeneration of places through improvements to buildings or community spaces that will support self-sustaining community enterprises delivering sustainable development.
The fund is open to all communities that are:
- Situated up to 5 miles from coastal and estuarine foreshore in Scotland; or
- Situated up to 5 miles from the Scottish Crown Estate’s four rural estates (Glenlivet, Fochabers, Whitehills and Applegirth).
To view the boundary lines for the estates and applicable radius, please click to view Crown Estate maps with applicable radius. Expression of interest has to be submitted by noon 13th September.
Give meaningful cloths more use and turn it into something new. The reminiscing bags/toolkits are now based in CVG, and now able to loan out to different groups. Lovely bit of fun that is very low cost, watch the video for more information and to get involved
MCR’s mentoring programme is due to launch in the Highlands later this month and Wick High School is one of the schools they will be launching in! What does this mean? Who are MCR? MCR support young people who have experienced disadvantage, to realise their full potential through education. They do this through our school-based mentoring programme – matching young people with a fully trained volunteer mentor.
This is a fantastic opportunity for young peoples! Their website is https://mcrpathways.org/highland/ provides more information and includes inspiring short video’s showing the difference having a mentor can make to the young people.
If you need further information, feel free to ask MCR or ourselves.
We had fun!
Donating money isn’t the only way to give to charitable organizations, many of whom rely on volunteers for various services. If you find yourself with free time on your hands on your weekend, or during the week, you could consider putting in some community service. Not only will you help a good cause, but it can also be a way to meet people and learn new skills.