We offer a range of practical support for organisations at every stage of their development from start- up meeting with them to discuss their project and what governance structure may be best for them We go through various options.
- Advise on becoming a registered charity with OSCR, Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator
- Advise on becoming a SCIO a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation, which offers protection to committee members/board and the SCIO has it’s own legal identity.
- Becoming a Company Limited by Guarantee
- Helping groups with meeting legal and regulatory requirements such as reporting to OSCR, Companies House, accounts, employment law.
- We offer board/committee training covering knowing your governing document (constitution) roles and responsibilities of a committee/board and induction for new members.