Charitable Water Rates Exemption Scheme

To be eligible for charitable exemption, you must be registered with either the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) or a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC).

Additionally, your charity cannot:

  • Have a gross annual income of over £300,000
  • Hold a permanent alcohol licence to sell alcohol at the premises
  • Be a charity shop, or other retailing premises, including a café or canteen which is open to the public
  • Be a Local Authority or an Arms-Length External Organisation (ALEO) which are organisations that can be used by councils to deliver services

How to apply

Complete the form by clicking the “apply now” button below.

Remember, you need to apply annually for your exemption before 31 March to ensure you avoid any water and waste water charges from 1 April.

Find out more about how to apply here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: